Hallo SL,

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:46:08 +1000GMT (15-6-2004, 9:46 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

S> However...I ran into a problem with registration: I have my
S> registration(serial) number.... but I don't have a checksum number
S> recorded anywhere....

Well, the serial number is not the same as the registration key. Both
the registration key and the checksum have sent to you in a message.

S> So..how do you get around this ..if you do a clean/new instal, you
S> have your serial number...but no other data??

If I'd do a clean install even without importing my old messagebase (I
can hardly imagine that) I'd first export my registration mail to
.msg, so that I could import it in the new install.
An other option would be to save the registration key from the
registry.

S> I have a feeling this has been discussed before, but...

Yep. In case you've really lost it, try to send a message to ritlabs,
they might be able to help.

S> (PS No 'runtime' or 'error reading database' messages in the last few
S> hours...;-)

Good for you.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.