Perry Nelson wrote:
>   Upon re-reading your message, perhaps I misunderstood what you want.
>   Are you saying you want to turn the MailTicker off and on altogether?
>   If so, I don't think that is possible with a hot key.

I thought so.

I use the mail ticker for my business account only.  There are times
when I just want to turn it off instead of reading messages.  This
doesn't happen very often (I usually read the message immediately or
ignore the ticker for a few minutes).

But there are times when I am in the middle of something and the
ticker is distracting. I've tried making the actual scroll box really
small, but it still gets in the way on those few occasions.

Selecting Options -> Preferences -> Display Mail Ticker isn't that big
of a deal, but it would be nice to just quickly toggle the ticker
(that's a phrase that needs saying more....)  Plus, I sometimes forget
to turn the ticker BACK ON when I'd like it to be on.

Displaying the Connection Center has the ability to assign shortcut
keys, so I thought Mail Ticker should as well (they are grouped
together in Preferences).

Also, I REALLY wish some of the shortcuts assignments could be actual
toggles and not one shortcut for ON, one shortcut for OFF.

Think about it: shouldn't the Connection Center shortcut simply be
"toggle on if off, toggle off if on"?

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4