Hello Douglas!

On Tuesday, July 13, 2004, 12:18 PM, you wrote:

DH> ... What *are* your needs and how does v. 2 do a better job of
DH> meeting them?

Like you, I prefer to select my mails from the Mail Dispatcher.

Don't know your other preferences, but I prefer to sort by Received
time and view threads by None.

I filter to five list folders. I filter to about half a dozen PM
folders.

All that works fine for me in v. 1.62.

For some reason--I'm a very amateur user, with little knowledge and
skills and not much native ability to acquire more--v. 2.xx loads
about twice as fast for me. I use The Bat!'s back-up tool, and it
backs up faster, also. I can't say for certain that it's the code in
the new version doing that.

I have one need you don't have which v. 2.xx meets: I want to use and
see the Roguemoticons. This is only possible in v. 2.0.06 and higher.
It's the reason I paid for the upgrade. The faster loads and backups
were an unexpected bonus.

But I *hate* the unstable folder View function. I'd roll back from v.
2.11.02 to v. 2.0.06, except the Smiley functions (a separate but
related project to the Roguemoticons) are available only in 2.11.02
and in the subsequent betas.

Note: I changed the subject line (which you changed back) to conform
to the recently given Moderator request to make subject lines as
specific as possible and to change the thread if there is a sharp
veering of the topic under discussion within the thread.

We talked about this once before on tbot. I had changed a subject line
in order to conform to the informal consensus of tbotters that this
should be done. You were, to say the least, quite vocally displeased.

Now it is a formal requirement on the The Bat! moderated lists.

Note regarding Virtual Folders, which you might like, as they let you
read threads across folders without changing folders:

I suggest that you make a complete new thread with a subject line
something like: How Do Virtual Folders work?  or  How, told in simple
steps, can I use Virtual Folders?

There was a long thread on these when v. 2.xx first became available.
But I doubt if you have time to search the archives and find the
understandable and useable parts of it.

Mostly it was Greek to me, as at the time I was still running v. 1.62.

Sorry to be a PITA. But, it's your life, and you have to make your own
decisions.

I just try to offer information when I can, in memory of our many
common interests outside The Bat!

Mary
:Mary:
The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1