Hello Douglas!

On Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 8:53 AM, you wrote:

DH> Secondly Mary, I never bawled you out. I simply changed the Subject
DH> Header back to what it was, since 1).- the subject hadn't changed
DH> and 2).- I was using the header to follow up / reply to the answers
DH> received.

One or the other of us is misunderstanding what the other has written.

I was already concerned about the conflict I perceived between Allie's
first Mod post, which happened to be to Maggie, on this list in regard
to meaningful subject choices, and what I had felt to be anger toward
me from you in our last exchanges on tbot.

I was not referring to what you had yesterday said on tbudl, when I
said you had bawled me out. I was referring to two or three threads in
which we had participated on tbot. Here's a c&p from the tbot
exchange:

mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Begin copy-and-paste:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Secondly: Changing the subject header may accurately reflect the
content, but doing that makes it harder for me to find your post
(which I saw coming in via the Mail Dispatcher).

I consider it gratuitous, in this case."
End copy-and-paste+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Further on in that exchange, you asked me not to waste your time.

Now, I'm probably a very stupid, slow learner in these matters. But I
genuinely don't know what to do.

The best I can think to do is not to correspond with you any more. I
was only trying to help and I got what felt to me like lectures and
sarcasm, both earlier on tbot and yesterday on tbudl.

And the best I can think to do as far as subject lines on tbudl, with
regard to those threads I do choose to post to, is not to change them,
and to wait for Allie to come on in his Mod hat and tell me when to
change them.

Mary
:Mary:
The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1