Hello Chris,

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:26:56 +0100 UTC, Chris Weaven wrote:

CW> I'll join if I have to, but was hoping the knowledgeable people here at
CW> TBUDL may be of help! :-)

Well, at least you must be doing something right as at least the
moderators of this list don't think that this is off-topic.

CW> 1. I tried connecting to my IMAP server straight through SpamPal with no
CW> TLS and therefore no stunnel.

My bad. I would've thought you'd tried this.

CW> This again causes a the disconnection.

That's why I said "this is an stunnel issue, if that.". It could be
time-out issues on the server, severe latency -- whatever.

CW> Also, on closer inspection of the mail headers (F9), I notice that the
CW> SpamPal headers are not added!?

I wouldn't know. I don't believe in client-side anti-spam systems (well,
one, sorta). But I did take a look at the SpamPal page, and if it's just
as effective as a well-trained SpamAssassin system, you're halfway
there.

CW> Is this correct with IMAP, as all my mail through POP has both the
CW> SpamPal and the baysian (SpamPal plug-in) headers added!?

That would a great question to ask on the SpamPal list.

--
Regards, Charles.

TB! 2.12 RC/4 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 / Courier IMAP 3.0.5