Hi Stefan,

Thursday, July 31, 2008, 4:48:04 AM, you wrote:

> Hello Bob,

BR>> In short, so far I think Evolution is easier to set up for IMAP, and
BR>> the best settings seem to be built in as default.  In TB, the settings
BR>> require more fine-tuning, and I am asking this list if there is a setting
BR>> in TB that will allow me to read new incoming messages when I first
BR>> select them?

> If you don't do any fine-tune, you should get TB! working good and
> fast with GMail's IMAP. At least, it works this way here.

Thank you for the feedback. I notice one difference in Gmail's IMAP
implementation between Evolution (now I am only using the Linux
version) and Opera's M2 (now I am using that for Windows) on the one
hand, and TB 4.0.26.2 on the other hand (I may go back to that soon,
since all my Popmails from Gmail Pop are there as well).  That
difference is that in the first two, when downloading new mail into
the inbox and I click on a new message, the text appears almost
instantly (clicking on the message causes an instant load/reload).  In
TB, I generally can't read the text of newly downloaded inbox messages
until the whole folder's new message texts are downloaded.

Is this (above, last sentences) your experience, or can TB be set to
load/reload a given message when I select it?

> Synchronisation settings should be used only if you want to stay
> offline for a while or want TB! to prefetch some data before you start
> reading it. Generally, I would not recommend any synchronisation if
> you have almost permanent connection to the Net.

Ok - I am online full time (DSL), so I won't touch synchronization
settings.

Under "Manage IMAP Folders," I have most folders (except for trash,
junk email and All mail) synchronizing set at "full messages."  I
don't have junk email and All mail synchronizing at all.  Trash is set
at "headers only."  Does that sound all right for good use of TB?

Thank you for your tips, Stefan.

--

Take Care,

 Bob