Hi all

I've been a not-so-technical tw for 23 years, all for the same company, mostly within the same department.  Within that time frame I've earned a BA in writing and research and recently an MA in more of the same.  Can't say the MA has helped me in this career but it did wonderful things for my own sense of ...well, everything!

Because I've written, edited, and managed all aspects of procedure writing, that's where my talents are, however, the company changed over the past few years and all things procedure-like are done at another corporate location in a city far, far away   Recently the drums are inferring things might go back to the way they were...and maybe my job will return to the joys of yesteryear.

One of those joys was being published by Joanne Hackos in her newsletter after I submitted an essay to her I had written for a leadership class. I was able to interview both Joanne and Ginny Redish at the STC conference held 5 or 6 years ago in Chicago.  Yep, that was the highpoint of my career and the degree!

I've also been an officer in a Toastmaster's club, a competion judge in STC, an online life coach, a grandmother, a great-grandmother, the list goes on ad infinitum..  Since I reached the tender age of 62 last month,  I'm getting pretty excited about some other of life's options....also known as RETIREMENT, not from working, but from working in corporate America.

I REALLY want to be a food writer, a travel writer, a novelist, a script writer, a more involved life coach, a rehabber, and ...  I intend to relocate to the Indianapolis area within the next year or so, which is where my kids and their families live, to experiment with all the possibilities.

In the meantime, I like to stay current in the field by reading the forums and continuing to learn all there is to learn.  (Now if Geoff Hart could just post here I'd be forever indebted!)

I don't imagine I'll post very often since lurking seems to be my m.o., but I wanted to say hi to y'all and "You go girl!" to Lisa.

Kathy Parrott

Are you a Help Authoring Trainer or Consultant? Let clients find you at
www.HAT.Matrix.com, the searchable HAT database based on Char James-Tanny's HAT
Comparison Matrix. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for details.

Interested in Interactive 3D Documentation? Get the scoop at
http://www.doc-u-motion.com -- your 3D documentation community.