On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 09:44:14PM +0000, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> Hi Alexandr
>
> This works fine for me with both with X and wsmoused.
>
> A few things:
>
> - Did you deliberately remove WSMOUSEIO_SRES?

Yes. WSMOUSEIO_SRES in Xenocara not used, in src - only wsmoused and wsconsctl,
in drivers - only in pms. I think that now do not need WSMOUSEIO_SRES.

> - Do we know what the XFree86 bug was and is it now fixed? Or do the
>   PMS_PS2_XNEG/YNEG flags make the bounding unnecessary?

In current X.org this error is not observed.

> - "dz = (char)sc->packet[3];" -- shouldn't this be "(signed char)"?

Exactly. I'll correct.

> - So we now call wsmouse_input even if the buttons haven't changed. This
>   is fine, right?

Previously wsmouse_input also called if the buttons were not changed,
but there were some increment x, y or z. I just removed the unnecessary
check for changes. If packet came from a mouse, it means that something has
changed, check is not needed.

> I take it the overall aim of this is to make it easier to add additional
> mice types in future?

Yes

--
Alexandr Shadchin