> Kenneth R Westerback, 08 Jul 2015 10:13:
> > The OpenBSD Foundation is happy to announce that Microsoft has made
> > a significant financial donation to the Foundation. This donation
> > is in recognition of the role of the Foundation in supporting the
> > OpenSSH project. This donation makes Microsoft the first Gold level
> > contributor in the OpenBSD Foundation's 2015 fundraising campaign.
>
> this is very impressive news, although for me for all
> the wrong reasons.
>
> sad world when even ms realises openssh's importance,
> (even while not supporting it out of box natively)
> while the other big "open source" players are just
> feeding off of it.  speechless.

Frantisek,

With respect, and at the same none at all due to what you say;

I know very little about you except what I see historically.  This
mailing list contains hundreds of people.  You have been around for a
long time.  You know the general agenda which is 20+ years old.  Yet
here you broadcast just your own, acting like it has any acceptance at
all; furthermore you seem to expect validation of your own agenda
without consideration of the fact that it is not at all like our
general agenda; in fact, you do not put any limiters to indicate so.

Therefore:

You are welcome to provide the same revenue, and I will personally
argue that the OpenBSD Foundation should return what Microsoft gave
them; my understanding being that it was without any strings.

So pony up all the cash, to match the efforts by hundreds over two
decades, and I will gladly validate your opinions as having some value
greater than negative to the greater community.

Luckily, saying that to you is just a prank.

My historical analysis indicates you are just a tiny/tinny loudmouth,
who "accidentally" hurts the people who have spent over two decades
building good software.  You have some hateful agenda entirely unlike
our own (by own, I consider the rough consensus of 500+ openbsd
developers over two decades).  Your comments are entirely
disassociated with the general project guidelines of writing software
which anyone can use, to advance the state of the art, without restriction.

To keep it simple:  Where are you coming from, Mr. Do-Nothing?

As a group (with me and others as the proxy) we do ask for companies
to help fund us from time to time, and this benefits everyone as a
result of the common advancements.  As for output, there is no
discrimination as to their cause, because that is not our
oversight/job.  The general guidelines for access to software is CLEAR
in the licence.

Yet you clearly state that we should have some restrictive agenda, Mr.
Do-Nothing-Except-State-Position.

In essence, you are a loudmouth and a leech.

I've been working on this community for two decades.

It is my right to call you out for your destructive words.  Few are
in the position where they can say your words cause harm.  Few have
as much insight.

You have zero insight. You only harbour a general hate and want to
change our direction.  You have no skin in the game.  When the BBQ
gets lit up, you are the just a sparrow flitting away down the alley
in search of a place to hide.

I'm looking at your record of postings in various forums.  You add
ZERO value.  You have spent almost a decade demanding we do more,
more, MORE, DO FUCKING FOR ME MORE DEVELOPERS, yet I've never seen
your name show up elsewhere of consequence to actually solve the costs
behind advancing the state of the art of free options.

Yet you feel qualified to tell us this pattern is wrong.

Unfortunately, it is a sad world filled with Holops who have done VERY
LITTLE, and then deride funding opportunities, very late in the game;
for what many of have simply done sans funding for decades.

The problem here is simple.  Holop has an specific agenda that is not
generally held!

For everyone following allong, please find the original IPF removal
commit message for guidance.  The standard is to advance the industry.
In general, we don't care about people who whine and try to apply
their agenda towards us, but in your case I must make an exception.

I think it is high time people like you FIND A MIRROR.  You are the
specific cause of the situation you so deride.  Frantisek, you have
absolutely no right to speak like you do.  You are a pure-form leech,
and leeches should not preach.  Please leave our userbase instantly; I
am afraid someone in this community might accidentally make a mistake
of fixing a bug you care about (and you made it clear you care about
nothing else except your own leechy agenda).

Frantisek, it would be easier if you just went away.  I hate writing
these mails, editing them, and creating a disaster.

Perhaps you should stop pissing off people who try hard by stabbing
yourself with a knife, repeatedly.  I don't know if that would work.
Maybe you will return as a zombie and say the same things again.