On the CCR's under Interface > Ethernet > Overall Stats there is a Tx/Rx 'To long' counter. Presumably for packets over the Max size for that interface which would be the MTU. I've never seen it increment on my CCR's

Many of the old Mikrotik boards didn't support large MTUs. If you any there is a chart here : http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Maximum_Transmission_Unit_on_RouterBoards

Cheers,

--
Ian Fraser