It works! I am so relieved. Thank you all for the help.

Still I have a couple of questions since I've read a couple of tutorials,
each using other commands:

1. Converting my Fraktur pdf files in tiff I use imagemagick. Is this the
right command? convert -density 300 test.pdf -depth 8 -strip -background
white -alpha off test.tiff

2. For tesseract then the command: tesseract test.tiff outtest -l deu_frak
With this I get a txt version of the tiff.

3. Not that it matters too much (I'm over the moon that it works like
this), can I get as an output instead of a txt the original pdf just with a
search-and-copy-function?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/433f3fad-e316-49aa-9a93-367ee596a7e6%40googlegroups.com.