On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 08:30:38PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> API/ABI stability on Windows is pretty extreme.  In order of market
> share though, by a long shot it's Windows 7, then 10, and a distant
> third is 8.1 and then 8(.0) barely registers. So weirdly enough,
> chances are it'll work on 8/8.1 if it works on 7 and 10. So a thorough
> test would be testing both 7 and 10. Less thorough, but sane, is
> testing just on 10.

From
http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2016#technology-desktop-operating-system

22.5% Windows 7
20.8% Windows 10
 8.4% Windows 8
 0.4% Windows XP
 0.1% Windows Vista

and 26.2% OS X, FWIW.

(Fedora, at 1.4%, beats XP and Vista *combined*. Whoo!)

This backs up what you're saying with numbers, and specifically from
our target userbase for Workstation.

To my deep sadness, they did not ask this question on the 2017 survey
(which is open now).

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>