On 9/20/18 1:40 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
I'm not sure what FUD you've read to believe that, but flash drives from reputable brands are very hard and last more than a few times writing to them.

That is true, but there is also a reasonable chance or losing them, breaking them, or other random failures. When a flash drive dies, it's gone, very difficult to recover if even possible. I would not recommend a flash drive (or DVD) alone for long-term storage. What I would recommend is multiple copies of the data in multiple places, one of which could certainly be flash drives for ease of access.