On 9/20/18 4:41 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 9/20/18 1:29 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
On 9/20/18 12:59 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 9/20/18 12:30 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
On 9/20/18 12:26 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
+1 to dropping the optical media criterion for Fedora, but I still rip
CDs and DVDs ;-)

There are still some systems out there that won't boot off native
USB media and need CD/DVD emulation over USB to work. I don't think
the time is yet ripe to jettison optical media. Soon, but not just yet.

This isn't dropping the ability to use optical media.  It's just a
suggestion to drop the release criteria that a physical optical media
not booting will not block the release.

So there is a potential that the software will be released, but not on
optical media. That may cause myself and others like me some grief.

Fedora is not currently released on optical media.  There will be still be release ISO files that you can burn to your physical media.  And if you want to test them, any bugs that turn up will most likely get fixed quickly.

That is what I meant about installing from CD.  I take the ISO image and burn it to CD.  If that is what is proposed to still be included, then I can work with it.