Kannst Du wenigstens Deinen TEX- File an Deine Frage anhängen? So kann niemand eine vernünftige Antwort geben, weil niemand da Problem reproduzieren kann.

Liebe Grüße Christof

Gesendet: Samstag, 07. April 2018 um 15:00 Uhr
Von: "Benedikt Wilde" <bwi...@posteo.de>
An: "Tex Music" <tex-music@tug.org>
Betreff: [Tex-music] prepmx failing on example document
Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to start using MusiXTeX for some time now, but the
following error prevented me from doing so. I have searched for a
solution in various places online, but could not find any. Hopefully,
someone here can help me.

When I try to run musixtex on the example file netsoos.mtx from the
MusiXTeX site [1], I get the following output in the console

d:\folder>musixtex netsoos
This is musixtex.lua version 0.19.
==> This is M-Tx 0.63 (Music from TeXt) <7 January 2018>
!! prepmx preprocessing of netsoos.mtx fails.

and the program crashes.
The (rather unhelpful) content of musixtex.log is

This is musixtex.lua version 0.19.
Processing netsoos.mtx
prepmx netsoos
!! prepmx preprocessing of netsoos.mtx fails.

I am using MiKTeX on Windows 10.

Any ideas on what might be the problem?
(Note: I do not have a full MiKTeX installation. Could any missing
packages be causing this behavior?)

Thank you for your help

Benedikt

PS: Some time ago I posted a question about this on tex.SE [2]. Then, I
got the additional error message

C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\musixtex\musixtex.lua:564: bad
argument #1 to 'write' (string expected, got nil)

This message is not present with the current version of musixtex (and
m-tx), but it may still be the same error.

[1]: http://icking-music-archive.org/software/htdocs/Introduction.html
[2]:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/351571/m-tx-fails-bad-argument-1-to-write