Except that these survex files (of which there are a great many) are not managed by me. So I can't just rearrange the way they work to suit my needs. I am looking for a way to work on the data in Therion without having to force changes on the project. All the data is based on this datum because it goes back 30+ years and the detailed maps for the area are all plotted on this old grid datum. So this is the coordinate system the data is fixed with. I am just looking for a way to position my caves in KML export and Therion does not currently support the datum for the coordinate system we are using as far as I can tell.
Footleg On 5 April 2011 15:13, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote: > +++ Footleg [2011-04-05 14:03 +0100]: > > > You can hopefully see what I am trying to do here: > > > > survey LosHoyos > > > > #fix 1.0 41.234567 -3.21012 213 > > > > import 0072.3d -surveys use #-cs EPSG:32230 > > > > endsurvey > > > > I am importing an existing survey centreline from the .3d file. I cannot > assign > > this a coordinate system directly as Therion does not support the > coordinate > > system I need. > > So instead I define the point 1.0 as fixed using the WGS84 Lat Long which > I > > have. Now I want to attach the stations imported from the .3d file to the > fixed > > point to correctly position the cave. > > Can't you do that fix in survex so that the numbers right to start > with? OK that might be different from your normal processing, but if > your data layout is sensible you'll have all the fixed points farmed > out into a file which can simply be replaced for the 'therion' version. > > Not very pretty, I know, but it might do the trick until your desired > co-ord system becomes supported. > > Wookey > -- > Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM > http://wookware.org/ > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110405/0f697070/attachment.html>
