This is a small learning project, so I've attached all the files apart from the bitmaps.
I think there is a bug lurking behind these problems. I am using Therion build 5.3.6 on Windows. I tried adding a projection direction of 090 to both the scraps in my elevations th2 file, even though only one of these scraps was included in the map in the th file at the time. This caused a long list of errors when trying to generate the elevation pdf. So I removed the 090 from after the word 'elevation' in the projection box for both scraps. Including the second scrap in the map block with no projection direction declared now results in what looks like the output for the first scrap duplicated in the elevation pdf with both 0 and 90 projections. Hopefully you can easily reproduce these problems with the attached files. I've left both scraps included in the map for the elevation. But you can comment out the 2nd one and then try to set a projection direction of 090 on both scraps in the th2 file and get the errors. Why does changing the projection direction for the second scrap cause the pdf generation to fail even if that scrap is not used in the pdf? Footleg On 21 March 2011 19:27, Bruce <dangle at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > Footleg > > May need to include your th and th2 files to be more specific⦠> > > > Couple of likely issues. > > 1. Firstly check that the direction of the projection is the direction > in which you are looking. Ie on the elevation the direction will then be > âinto the pageâ. If you donât specify a direction then Therion > assumes it > is north. I would guess you have some scraps/maps with differing > projection > directions, and so naturally they are different projections. If you have > for example 3 different projection directions, then therion will make three > elevations (if you ask to export them). Look in the log file or Xtherion > compiler map structure pane for clues. > 2. Make sure every scrap and map you want to include in this elevation > has the same projection. Many versions ago I found that Therion assumes 0 > is not the same as 000 and 20 is not the same as 020. So I always use 3 > digit integers these days. > 3. Differing coordinate systems. If you for example use a different > thconfig for the main map production and test plots of parts of the cave > you > might be using different coordinate systems or declinations each time. > This > will really screw up the elevations where passage is almost in the same > direction as the projection, because Therion will morph as much as > required. > In this situation it often turns into a real mess. > > > > Bruce > > > ------------------------------ > > *From:* therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] *On > Behalf Of *Footleg > *Sent:* Tuesday, 22 March 2011 2:59 a.m. > *To:* List for Therion users > *Subject:* [Therion] How to generate a projected elevation along a > specificbearing? > > > > I've tried searching the wiki and Therion book to find an answer to this, > but it does not seem to feature anywhere. Not even in any examples I can > find. I am trying to draw a simple cave with a 20m vertical entrance shaft, > and a couple of chambers down a slope at the bottom. I've drawn an elevation > scrap for one of these chambers and the shaft. But when I generate an > elevation map using this scrap the shaft looks fine, but the chamber wall is > a mess. So I concluded it is not projecting the elevation along the bearing > I would like. The Therion book showed me I can put a bearing on the scrap > type. So I tried elevation 90. Now my shaft is no longer appearing anywhere > near vertical in the elevation PDF and the chamber. Can anyone help me > please? > > Screenshot of scrap, and pdfs with default elevation map and elevation 90 > settings attached. > > Footleg > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110322/0d4da85b/attachment.html> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: LosHoyos_elev.zip Type: application/zip Size: 7329 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110322/0d4da85b/attachment.zip>
