Hi.  following on from my intro about the TiddlyManual project the
other day (novel manualization of psychiatry/psychotherapy
interventions), I have two more specific and technical questions.

First, I'd like to be able to make forms out of a tiddler so that the
user can type information straight in without having to switch to the
edit mode (whcih would scare the most technophobic therapists!) - I am
sure this can be done, but I can't work it out - sorry.

Then, I'd like to be able to sort out a simple algorithm to "score" a
particular questionnaire called the SDQ (Strengths and difficulties
Questionnaire - http://www.sdqinfo.com/questionnaires/english/c3.pdf).
This is a very simple and mercifully short questionnaire that is
surprisingly valid at highlighting clinical vulnerability in children,
and has been tried out on zillions of children worldwide; it also
seems to pick up clinically-useful CHANGE over time (helping us
measure whether we are doing any good or not).

The Q's are divided into a number of sub-sets that address specific
symptom areas (Emotional symptoms, Conduct problems, Hyperactivity,
Peer problems, and Pro-social features) and each Question is scored
Not, Somewhat or Certainly true... so it is a question of assigning
certain scores to certain tick-boxes (see the scoring system here:
http://www.sdqinfo.com/ScoreSheets/e2.pdf) , and also assigning
certain sets of tick-boxes to the different symptom areas.  Ideally
I'd generate a score at the end that consists of sub-scores within
each of the symptom areas mentioned above.

I can make the boxes (see http://burningchrome.com:8090/bags/IMP/tiddlers.wiki
and search SDQ to see where I've got to...), but getting into the
further details required to generate a score defeats me!

Best wishes,

Dickon Bevington