Ok. This seems to be working. Knock on silicon. It's about as easy as it's
going to get.

1. Install firefox (ignore what I said about browser-agnostic)
2. Create a profile for TW files and boot with it the following steps
3. In the settings, set your download dir to the the root of your system
(usually C:\)
4. Reboot FF with profile
5. In the add-ons, look for PMarios' file-backups. Install.
6. Reboot FF with profile
7. Create a short-cut for the FF with profile, if desired.

Now any TW files inside your main file system will use the file-backups to
save. You can make
other profiles if you have other drives (e.g. flash drives) where you need
to save. Note that if you
change your download directory, you may have to reboot FF.

Think of FF-with-profile as its own app.

No executables are required except FF. No additional servers or processes
running. No configuration files.