For TWC(!) I believe Tobias' made a much improved version but which name
I've now forgotten. AutoLink or some such. It was in deed really cool but I
found that it would only be practical if the wiki was dedicated to quite
narrow topics. Many of my wikis are pretty broad in scope (e.g "family
wiki", "my notes", "workwiki" etc).

I'm not quite sure why/if this exact solution is not possible in TW5 but I
can see how something similar could be made by having words *exchanged* for
linked words, i.e foo becomes [[foo]] upon saving. I believe there are
methods for this in TW5.

<:-)