On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:45:20 AM UTC-8, Mat wrote:

> Am I doing something wrong? I still get double entries in the TOC and the
> arrow buttons don't show up: http://els-toc.tiddlyspot.com/
> Thinking I might have some other custom stylesheets or similar that
> interfered, I also tried it on a completely new and empty TW, but same
> results.

The double-entries are from <<toc-show-item>>, which produces output for
both ".readertools" (read-only TOC) and ".authortools" (with drag-and-drop
re-ordering)
If you don't have the stylesheet that defines these CSS classes, you get
BOTH kinds of output.
To fix this, just copy
http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FReadOnly%2FStylesheet

Are you using <<toc-all>> rather than <<toc-tree>>?

<<toc-all>> doesn't allow expanding/collapsing individual branches of the
tree, so there are no arrows.
<<toc-tree>> allows expanding/collapsing (initial default is all
collapsed), so there are arrows.

-e