Hi Nick

> To make life easier, I only require a read-only only version for this case.
> So no changes will be needed. But for a solution for others, it would I
> guess. This is why I thought just loading the TW to read offline would be a
> simple affair!

I misunderstood, and thought you were wanting to make changes while offline.

In my tests, adding a TW to the iOS/iPadOS home screen does subsequently work
while offline. Here’s what I tried on iOS 14:

1. Visit https://tiddlywiki.com <https://tiddlywiki.com/> in Safari while online
2. Tap the export button in the bottom toolbar, and scroll down to find the
“Add to home screen” action
3. You’ll be taken back to the homescreen where there will be a new icon
4. Tap the icon to launch TW as a standalone app and verify that it works
5. Engage airplane mode
6. Use the task switcher to quit the TW standalone app
7. Return to the home screen and tap the TW shortcut again

Best wishes

Jeremy