I think a reasonable proposal would be to move the Dev group to GitHub
discussions:

* The developer community is already on GitHub because it's where the core
development happens
* Google Groups doesn't serve the developer community very well, lacking syntax
highlighted code blocks, and the ability to reference existing issues and PRs
* Switching the Dev Google Group to read-only and redirecting to GitHub
discussions would give us useful experience for any subsequent move of the main
discussion group

I don't see much point in just enabling discussions on the TW5 repository
without purposely establishing the community there. People can experiment with
discussions on other repositories.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

--