One thing I've discovered is that it when GitHub sends a notification email it
is not possible to distinguish discussion posts from issues. That's pretty
catastrophic for me because I usually triage things via filters in email. So
from a core development team perspective I definitely wouldn't want the
repository swamped with our general discussion traffic.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston