That's fine by me.

And yes filters are fun even if sometimes a bit tricky.

So for the fun of it, you could arrange your filter so that the input would
be the 4 tags you want.

something like that:

\define fun(tags)
<$set variable=occ filter="[[$tags]....put your filter code
here...count[]]">Seen <<occ>> tiddlers with tags $tags$</$set>
\end

Sometimes, this fun has you coding javascript filter operator. Would this
be the case here? I have not thought about it yet.

cheers,