Hi GJRobert,

> Ah, actually I think I have mixed HTML up with XHTML... I have read that
> in XHTML 1.1 we can write any new element as we like, and then using CSS to
> style it. I am actually not aware when the tide changes to HTML5, so I
> thought using TiddlyWiki formatter extensions to generate new elements is a
> good way to avoid having to generate CSS classes on standard elements
> (because I don't know how to do it...) Fortunately the Firefox allows
> this... :-p
>
> Would there be any bad potentials with this practice?

For all I care (right now), all major browsers render it correctly, except
IE which even at version 10 is too illiterate to translate *:before* and *
:after* selectors. Chances are that TW in general or one with
NodeTreePlugin in it won't pass a validator test, so perhaps it is more
advisable to use all spans and give them corresponding classes, e.g. *
nt-parent*, *nt-list*, *nt-item*, *nt-separator*, etc... and cuck all that
in some outer *nodetree *wrapper.

I think it is more intuitive to know there's a <span class="nodetree"/>
>> wrapped around it and then be able to style that with paddings margins
>> backgrounds and what not rather than to have to do this all the time...
>>
>> {{nodetree{
>> &&parent&&
>> %chilc
>> %child
>> }}}
>>

> Yeah, I get your point. Dedicated CSS wrapper is indeed good for styling.
> Besides of manually input the wrapper, Is there a way to let the plugin to
> generate the wrapper div automatically (without explicit codes or with
> them?)

To be honest, I do *not* fully comprehend how exactly the actual formatter
code works. If you can walk me through that some time, I'd appreciate. In
general, I would think that a <tl> would semantically be contained inside a
<tp> rather than follow it... this would definetely remove the need for an
additional class as we'd have our <tp> wrapping it all. But then the actual
tree parent content would have to be wrapped again in some ".nt-parent"
class so as to separate it from the adjacent <tl> in terms of being able to
style it, i.e give it that background image and perhaps some other visual
characteristics later on.

- tobias