Hi *@Mat*,

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 6:50:25 PM UTC+12, Mat wrote:

> I guess the ideal would be an invisible github backend that TW users don't
> even have to confront.

That would be awesome! Right now I'm manually copying my existing tiddlers
into the GitHub interface. Eventually I expect that my workflow will look
more like this:

   1. View my online TW5 dev instance from
   https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/
   2. Click the + in the SideBar to create a new tiddler
   3. Edit the content and click on the ✓ at the top-right of the new
   tiddler to confirm changes
   4. Export the new tiddler to a *.tid file on my local device
   5. Create the new tiddler again, but this time in the GitHub UI
   6. Paste the contents of the new *.tid file into GitHub
   7. Commit the change on GitHub
   8. Refresh the browser tab to see the changes on
   https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/

This all seems a bit much, even if it does give (semi-) instant
gratification. There is a bit of a delay while Travis CI does its thing in
the background. A solution which completely insulates the user from the
GitHub UI would really be great here.

> Q: Because you emphasize (in step 3) that providing a meaningful token
> description is very important and that (step6) there is only one
> opportunity, I must actually ask what a token
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Token>is in this context. I'm not sure how
> it will be used so I don't know how to "provide a meaningful description".

I just used the example shown in *Danielo's* screenshot, and labeled my
token as *TravisDeploy-Token*. I assume this token is the same as an API
key, or similar.

*@Danielo*, I copied my $:/config/DefaultSidebarTab
<https://hegart-dmishiv.github.io/my-TW5-dev-instance/#%24%3A%2Fconfig%2FDefaultSidebarTab>

system tiddler to my TW5 wiki on GitHub, but it doesn't seem to be working.
When I refresh the browser tab displaying my wiki, there is no tab selected
in the TW5 SideBar.

Regards,

Hegart.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ff797f3d-cfa1-4e13-953b-eb2a3c37a7fd%40googlegroups.com.