@Alex

I am following this thread with interest. I am wondering if a set of
> tiddlers is exported as JSON, then they can be reformed into tiddlers when
> imported into a new wiki -- either in bulk or as needed.

Yes, exactly. To test it, open two browser tabs, one with tiddlywiki.com
and the other with tiddlywiki.com/empty.

>From tw.com, either export a single tiddler as json (i.e via the regular
tiddler toolbar) or use Export All under the sidebar Tools tab. This
creates a json file on your computer. You can peek at it using e.g notepad.
To import it into tw.com/empty just drag'n drop. Very smooth. This is why
I'd love to see tiddler bundles formatted into plain json - anyone could
import it in a snap and it would be soooo easy for *really *anyone to make
"plugins" sort of. This would also be perfect for "content plugins", i.e to
share actual content so the receiver can delete or modify freely after. I
have some big ideas for this ;-)

> I've really just discovered dictionary and JSON tiddlers, they open up new
> possibilities in my mind. Is there a way of "sending" a tiddler into a JSON
> tiddler? It seems like a natural step in a refactoring / editing process,
> like the tiddler doesn't need to be chanaged anymore, but no need for "$:/"
> prefixes. (I find plugin titles very difficult to read when they are
> packaged)

Do you mean to convert a tiddler into json format? Interesting - but why?
Is it to use it as a dictionary tiddler... but then what would that bring
over using the usual field name:value pairs, i.e  for reference?

In some sense, Jeds Tiddler Bundle thing creates almost dictionary tiddlers.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1466f9cb-f538-4dd9-bb2b-1648f7ac809a%40googlegroups.com.