For why I wanted it to be all wikitext: I was just thinking that it would
be better if the packaging tool could be imported into a wiki without
having to reload. It isn't a big concern but having to install a plugin in
order to export tiddlers from an existing wiki doesn't sound like a good
situation. For example, if there is a project leader who had a large task
list in a central wiki and someone wanted to put only the tasks they are
responsible for into a separate wiki they would have to modify (or copy and
modify) the original wiki to use the plugin.

And no, it isn't rude to ask. For most of my work with tiddlywiki I just
throw together the first thing that comes to mind so I don't always
consider alternatives. Questions often help with that.

JSON does have more complex parsing rules than what I have made and would
have been a bit difficult to handle using only wikitext, since it is all
javascript now json should be just as simple to use as what I am making.
One quick reason is that in a normal json format you need to escape certain
characters (so : becomes \: to show that it is a literal character instead
of a control character), there isn't any reasonable way to do this in
wikitext. The format I am using takes advantage of the specific formatting
imposed by tiddler fields so the only possible confusion would be in the
division between tiddlers. That is why I am using the long strings for
those divisions. Since javascript has builtin support for the json format
this isn't a problem in when using a javascript widget.

I hope to make a more generic version of what you are talking about with
the tags defining bundles. Unfortunately this may either require some
significant additions to the import/export mechanism or that there are
bundle tiddlers created or updated every time a tag is added to a tiddler.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d192d0a1-0620-4abc-8ebe-8d765a8467cf%40googlegroups.com.