If you want to work with large chunks of data, sectioned into bits, it
probably still makes sense to build a system that uses individual tiddlers
as the fundamental units. The alternative is to have a two-teir heirarchy
where individual chunks are referred to by "container + identifier",
meaning that they can no longer be addressed individually at all and
creating all sorts of conundrums (conundra?) about what to do if a chunk
gets moved to a new article, or into multiple articles. Transclusion
probably becomes 8x more complicated too.

IMHO the 'philosophy of tiddlers' is correct as an underlying approach to
handling the information and what we need to consider are mechanisms that
we can build on top of that to serve the needs of end users. You may have
seen Jeremy's tentative foray into this area with the test-slicer (plugin,
edition?). I'm interested in this area of development, even though I don't
have any pressing need to use it myself and I occasionally spend time
trying to think of a neat solution. I think one of the tensions at the
heart of the issue, which was touched upon in other recent forum threads,
is the dual role of the title field as both the human-readable title of a
piece of writing, as commonly understood, and it's role as the primary key
in the data-store.

Sorry, this is a bit of topic.

Regards,
Richard