The philosophy may make some sort of sense in the context of server-based
wikis or other systems with unlimited resources or with shorter documents.
But TW5 has no indexed optimization, and the bigger it gets, the slower it
gets. Each tiddler that is created has a substantial amount of overhead
adding to the overall size of the file. This really adds up in a big
document like the Bible. This is why an empty Bible done verse-by-verse can
be nearly twice as big as a filled Bible done by chapter -- maybe even a
lot larger since the example of "Empty" given here doesn't have
placeholders for the OT (I think).

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/85b89d49-f5e8-436f-b7a6-5a7b3d46dc19%40googlegroups.com.