Hi Dragon,

On Sunday, 17 July 2016 01:01:50 UTC+1, Josiah wrote:

> The title IS the index.
>>

> I agree. For single, stand alone TW's there is nothing better. It is
> intuitive for the user.
> But when it comes to sharing Tiddlers, you WILL get repeated names. What
> do you do then?

The title vs ID debate makes sense only because the user may want to change
the title, hence the ID, which indeed is difficult to handle. The caption
trick that Eric mentionned is quite an efficient workaround, since when the
user wants to change a title, it mostly wants to change *the way the title
is printed*.

Now, I fail to see your point for TWederation. Once a tiddler is shared, it
is not the tiddler itself that appears on the wall of subscribers, but a
copy, moreover a readonly copy. So by just adding a namespace (the url of
the origin site, rather than the poster name I guess) to the title has the
virtue of making it unique among federated tiddlers, while keeping the
possibility to be *printed* so that it ressemble the original tiddler (by
masking the namespace). I'm I missing something?

Cheers,
Xavier.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CADeSwYNv2OQpifSF%2B1%2BOO1arxEg2NHy%2BU0OwV1%3DRTRRuApccZA%40mail.gmail.com.