I think one of the problems that we are having with twederation is that we
aren't making a distinction between the process of technology of fetching
tiddlers from remote wikis and the application I built to use and test it.

They are separate things. The fetching part is designed to be modular so you
can build your own handler code for communication between wikis. If doesn't
have to be fetching tiddlers, I am not sure what else it would be, but you can
have it do something different.

For the application I built on this there is just a simple blogging/threaded
discussion forum. One thing people keep getting wrong is that none of the
handlers I wrote change anything about the tiddlers. The titles are made unique
when the tiddler is created on the original wiki,  not when it is fetched by
another wiki. That is all in the application side of things. What tags and
other metadata are included are also all on the application side.

How you handle tiddlers with the same title is entirely on the application side
of things and already taken care of in what I made. If someone builds some
other application than how they handle potential conflicts is entirely up to
them and should be based on the specific use case. There is nothing forcing
anyone to do anything, just that if you want to use the application I made you
either follow the conventions established or you break something. And the way I
have it set now the titles visible to users aren't the titles used by
tiddlywiki when you use what I made so duplicate post titles don't cause any
trouble. Posts without titles don't cause problems either, they look strange
when they are displayed but if you don't want a title that is up to you.

The way just about any tiddler in the twederation application is displayed
users templates, look at any of the twcards, they have no content in the text
field but they have visibly displayed data using templates. You can create new
templates to display them without modifying any of the days Inn the tiddlers
themselves. I have created multiple plugins that use this idea for bookmarks, a
library tracker and a contacts database.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8cf68863-0102-4ead-a260-b1a27125e6e4%40googlegroups.com.