The challenge with any solution that involves more than using a web browser
is that some of us won't be able to use it. I suspect this group is a small
sub-set of TiddlyWiki users, so your idea still has merit and, I think,
should be pursued.

I use TiddyWiki at work because most of the information sources and tools I
need to look things up are on slow sharepoint sites (is there such a thing
as a fast sharepoint?). So, I copy the stuff I need from sharepoint into a
local TiddlyWiki.

I'm technically savvy enough to confidently install node.js on my work
computer but I'm not allowed to. I shouldn't even be able to except I need
escalated privileges for one of the tasks I have to do. But, the company's
desktop IDS would catch if I installed node.js without permission (which I
won't get). Fortunately, add-ins for Chrome are allowed (and they haven't
updated Chrome yet, so it still works). Sadly, I'm not allowed Firefox (I
don't know why).

When they update Chrome, I will need to switch how I use TiddyWiki and have
a slew of index(n).html files to sort through.

At home, I don't have this problem. I have a small server (Intel NUC) that
provides me with a tiddlywiki server (apache, php, and store.php). But, the
average non-technical user wouldn't be able to do that.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d34a6877-73e7-4ad3-9086-42edcea0b795%40googlegroups.com.