I had to look up ME and then realized I know it by it's original name:
chronic fatigue syndrome. An ex of mine had it and it was extremely
debilitating. For everyone else unfamiliar with the disease, imagine the
most strenuous workout you've ever had and the tiredness/soreness/fatigue
which followed. Then multiply that until you are so sore and tired,
physically and mentally, that getting from the bed to the couch feels like
an insurmountable task for which you should be awarded a Nobel prize
because now you'll be lucky if you can make it back to bed in an hour.
Every activity comes with a cost/risk analysis to decide if it's worth the
effects that will follow in the coming days. Because no matter what, there
is always a price to pay for the simplest exertions. I know some people
want to say "oh well if it's just tiredness from exertion, then what's the
big deal?", but it's a compounding disease meaning the more you do, the
more you are affected. I could go on but I'm going to stop here.

So I understand your frustration Richard. Tiddlywiki 5 is definitely not at
a point which I would recommend to someone with limited resources. Maybe
classic tiddlywiki since it already has so much built for it. The major
problem with it is the increasing difficulty of saving it via the three
major browsers. Which is the reason that TW5 has been released in it's
current state. I would recommend using TWC either with TiddlyDesktop or in
FireFox with the TiddlyFox extension installed. I use FF w/TF at home for
my TWC files and have had no issues so far. If you go to tiddlyspot.com
you'll find a few flavors of TWC which may already be set up to meet your
needs. I've also made a list of oft-returned to TWC plugin repositories in
one of my own wikis at ama.bookmarks.tiddlyspot.com.

I really hope you won't abandon Tiddlywiki entirely, but I know you need to
use the tools best suited to your situation.

Take care,
ama

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/45603f51-de4c-4ee6-9ba2-18e81747c5e6%40googlegroups.com.