Hi Tony,

I really hope we can use your experiences as a further spur to improving
the documentation for Tiddlywiki. It's something the community have been
aware of a long time and which we have (imo) yet to seriously address. Some
measure of the difficulty we experience in this regard is in determining
just which functions are 'basic' and which are 'advanced'. Many things are
possible with Tiddlywiki but the 'how to' runs the gamut from 'click
things' to 'basically programming'.

I think you'll find that the 'set' mechanism does basically what you want.
It was added during development (I believe) to deal with a requirement like
the one you have. What we need to work out is where and how that should be
documented to save other people the frustration that you have had to deal
with.

We need to move away from this terrible group platform to something that
lets us start to construct a meaningful knowledge base.

Regards,
Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/77b5fb03-d8b9-486e-9f3d-7213b5502550%40googlegroups.com.