Hi Tony,

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I feel your frustration. I've been
there lots of times - convinced that the thing I'm trying to do should be
simple and yet not being able to find a way to do it. Often I find that
whilst two things might seem equally complicated, one of them is trivial
and the other is impossible. Such is life.

To help us address your first point, could you give a specific example of
something that you feel the current syntax should be able to do and can't?
Is it possible to get the desired behaviour by storing the values of your
constants in tiddler fields and referring to them directly?

As to your second point; if you find any of the tiddlers tagged
with $:/tags/EditTemplate (for example $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields) and
add the tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate they will appear in the view template too.
Maybe this is a little more crude than you were imagining? It can be
improved upon by writing some UI of our own, if you have a specific idea of
how you'd like it to work. Is this basically what you meant?

Regards,
Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/777f6366-c2d8-4955-8571-b7e1e588e8fd%40googlegroups.com.