Reluctantly, perhaps,  I have to admit that Fields are really better than
slices, because you can do filter manipulations on them, and not worry
about strange regexp behaviors.

What you can do is create an input template with a drop-down list of
tiddlers to filter. Then each field can be edited with a <$edit> widget,
giving it as much space as you need for that particular field. Having a
little structure in your tiddlers is a good thing if you're going to have
lot's of tiddlers with a similar data structure. It makes reporting and
extracting much easier.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cde0794d-47b1-4bc3-b4cc-4002335fde72%40googlegroups.com.