Actually,

On further consideration of the idea having view, update and edit modes,
just imagine having another set of "templates" that describes an update
mode for a tiddler, view would be totally read only, update would enable
specified fields to be active for edit and edit is the current full edit
view. Once a tiddlywiki is setup and running perhaps users will never go
into the full edit mode only ever update mode (or a guided edit). Perhaps
we could even have a user mode/security level where some users may only be
permitted to use update mode, not the full tiddler edit mode.

food for thought?

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a7be132f-4fb5-4306-9667-9c07b401449e%40googlegroups.com.