Mario,

I understand where you are coming from but its a "view all" only, or "edit
all only". I think when using tiddlywiki users and for matter, when acting
as an application or website, this all or nothing edit approach forces the
need for total acceptance of the idea of a tiddler. When for many users
they are thinking about the book review, movie notes, expense record or
something else, do they really need to see all fields, including  caption,
color and icon fields if they only want to change a minor detail.

What if all they wish to do is select a due date for the tiddler?, why
should they open the whole tiddler in edit mode, then have to look for
where to make the change? when they could simply set the due date?

Whilst I have detailed knowledge of tiddlywiki I need not be an end user to
want to have simple and direct ways to interact with a tiddler sometimes.

Perhaps "using forms" is a way to describe "custom edits" of a tiddler and
its attributes, but I see value in letting the designer determine exactly
which elements can be changed. Perhaps a concept of view, update and edit
modes or let the difference between view and edit blur so any attribute (eg
field, tag) of a tiddler can be made available to change/edit.

To me any tiddler can be considered a form, and we can programatically
decide which attributes can be edited as needed. This is most definitely in
the case of selecting at least which attributes/fields are visible to the
user in view mode, because currently most additional fields are not visible.

What are you thoughts on my thinking here?

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/11ec6212-7fad-436b-8db0-bea43bd31bac%40googlegroups.com.