Stephan,

BOTTOM LINE: Things are now working as I need them to be working. Project
number in the title was dropped. "Inheriting" a field value (the project
number, in this case) in a new tiddler was added.

I think it is more important to have the date/timestamp in the title (to
help keep titles unique, and to easily organize them by date), than to have
the project number in the title. While I would still like the project
number there, I'm dropping this requirement. Thank you for asking your
questions, as they forced me to re-evaluate my true needs.

Being able to "inherit" the project number from the host/parent tiddler
when creating a new tiddler is, however, important for other kinds of
tiddler organization. You've shown how this can be done; I'll have to
research why this works because it emphasizes my lack of understanding of
TW and scope of values.

I've chosen to not explore your auto-incrementing project number, but I
appreciate the suggestion.

As a result, I've got things working the way I need them to work. At least
until I come with a new requirement.

Thanks again!

~Mark

P.S. How are these posts marked as "Complete", so other helpful folks don't
have to go through everything just to find out the problem is resolved?

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12:31:41 PM UTC-5, Stephan Hradek wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2018 17:20:55 UTC+1 schrieb Stephan Hradek:
>>
>> Can you test, what you attempted on tiddlywiki.com and post all the
>> tiddlers here so that I can see and aybe correct?
>>
>> For your previous example, it is an easy fix:
>>
>> Tiddler 1 fields:
>>
>>> Title:hostTiddler
>>> projectnumber:12345

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7ffe6fa6-3583-429f-bb99-30de93548c9f%40googlegroups.com.