Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding, true, I can manipulate the spreadsheets easily to
make this work, but i'm trying to fully optimize before resorting to doing
that.  A little more about my setup.

I have spreadsheet reports emailed as attachments, for several things that
I get for work, and I spend about an hour of the day grabbing data from
these reports, manipulating and putting data into other spreadsheets for
inventories and other action items, would love to automate-ish this work.

For this question, I get a specific report, its something sent to
customers, a widget report of what we shipped to them.  I want to take this
email with an excel attachment and drag the attachment into my
tiddlydesktop/tiddlywiki (which I keep open most of the day and use as a
knowledgebase/intranet) to create a rolling list of shipped assets as a
database without having to take the step of opening up the spreadsheet
attachment, manipulating the column titles, saving it to an actual location
on the machine/server, then importing it to my tiddlywiki.  Because this
spreadsheet is formatted for viewing by customers, it has line breaks in
the column titles.  I tried endless combinations of line change characters,
formatting, and even updating the xlsx.js code tiddler before posting.

I haven't had a chance to try Jeremy's suggestions yet, but I echo the
usefulness that an updated controls panel would have for other Excel
applications, or even to build an entire tiddlywiki via Excel.  For my
application though (importing data repetitively via reports that are
consistently formatted), this plugin seems to match quite well.

-Mike

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/095fe3eb-9c05-4378-8f36-c8da44400790%40googlegroups.com.