Hi Jed,

I am exploring this beautiful plugin feature by feature. The one that
struck me was the ability to launch scripts. A direct application of this
could be dictation of selected text. For testing purposes, MacOS has the
built-in command *say* (http://jampal.sourceforge.net/*ptts*.html can be
run on Windows, same for http://*espeak*.sourceforge.net/ on Linux). So I
made an entry in the *scripts* setting like so: "say":"say #something", and
a test tiddler like so:

\define say(t:"bar")
<$list filter="[tag[$t$]]">
  <$action-websocketmessage $type='runScript' name='say'
#string={{!!text}}/>
</$list>
\end
<$button actions='<<say "foo">>'>
Dictate text from tiddlers
</$button>

It works almost as expected, but you may guess what happened: script
executions don't wait for the previous one to terminate, so with 3 tiddlers
tagged foo, I felt like I was in a Parisian café.

So here is a feature request: add a parameter to <$action-websocketmessage
that allows a script to stay in the foreground so that the next scripts
have to wait for it to terminate. Hope it makes sense...

Thank you for the great work!
Xavier.

-- Xavier Cazin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CADeSwYOcKTB5TygkSvJmjhN-NUVMrBq3Y6j1g94w%3DOeou7m3Ng%40mail.gmail.com.