As a quick update, I fixed a bug (at least on osx and linux, I can't test
on windows at the moment) that only appears when you don't start from the
command line. Under some circumstances the wiki folders would be created in
unexpected places instead of wherever the executable is. If anyone can test
this on windows I would appreciate it. Thanks to @TiddlyTweeter to pointing
out the bug.

Måns,

I am working on allowing external editions to be used as templates. The
internal pseudo-filesystem structure set up by the packing it as a single
executable causes some path problems that I am still working out. After I
get that fixed than creating wikis using custom editions should be possible.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1ea1ef62-e171-4242-8c57-67bb89623075%40googlegroups.com.