Mat and all

Regarding PortableApps.com

... first off I'm not sure everyone knows that a PortableApps.com portable
application is NOT the same as most "portable applications" (which are
mainly "portable enough" but can still leave residue on the host). PA.c
requires not just proven portability but conversion to the PortableApps.com
system to qualify fully (they never leave residue).

For OUR purposes I'm not sure its needed to go so far. Also, judging here
on GG, we have a very high number of NON-Windows users. So WHO, would it be
for, it being dominantly for Windows?

Regarding PortableApps.com response they "only wanted apps that had
specific purposes". Dead right. An app. that does everything is not gonna
work there. BUT a wrapped TW inside a "runner" like you can do in
TiddlyDesktop, TiddlyServer ot TiddlyWiki Multi-User could...

To take an example: Say Thomas wrapped his ToDoNow TW into a self contained
"runner"? Well THAT could be a PortableApp.com app.  as "TiddlyOrganiser".
The point is to promote apps for specific purposes. You don't have to
expose folk to the full fright of TW to get people using it for de-limited
purposes.

Please NOTE that the excellent PortableApps.com menuing system on Windows
allows ANY executable to be included. I activate all my main TW from it...

*In short, many ways of running TW could be easily made portable and wrap
TW into them as specific "apps" so they appear like ONE application and be
advertised as such.*

Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/05e303c9-3863-48cb-a6f3-558c526cf875%40googlegroups.com.