Mark,

One solution to what you ask is to use a Draggable List of Tiddlers along
with Tobias's Preview Plugin so you can review the content on hover over
each tiddler link, so you can confirm where you want to position that
particular tiddler in a list of tiddlers.

The Source document can be excised into tiddlers tagged with the source
documents name, then after reordering you have another tiddler that
transcludes all tiddlers into it according to the Order from the Draging
operations (using the List field).

In this way you actually get to retain the Original order as well as see
your manipulated order. A Feature could be included to to retain original
tiddlers as well as edited ones to see before and After.

Advance Opportunities then arise, like multiple virtual documents that mix
and match content and presents it in different formats, such as a short and
long resume based on the same content.
Tiddlers could be created with a serial number (or use the created field?)
or have chapter and section fields, even need to edit flags etc...
Perhaps one could use one of the KanBan Board Solutions for organising text
within a document or chapter?

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9140765a-ba4d-4415-9703-6f0c9283ec5e%40googlegroups.com.