Stephan,

thank you for supplying such a nice reply! This is probably the way I would
like to move along.

To improve my knowledge of TiddlyWiki, I'm trying to understand the code
pieces you supplied.
I believe, I more or less understand it, except for the exact way how the
variable <<currentTiddler>> is being used.

If I get it correctly, TiddlyWiki code is, in some sense, being run
continuously, and whenever it finds itself at the place of
{{[[A]][[B]][[C]]||trans-edit}}
it brings the titles A, B and C as values to the "trans-edit" piece of
code, which then provides the listing of the edit-buttons together with the
content of the A, B and C tiddlers.

However, what is happening when the the code of "trans-edit" is being run
independently, that is, when there are no tiddler titles provided for the
filter operator in the "trans-edit" tiddler? Do I understand it correctly,
that, in this case, the value of <<currentTiddler>> is "trans-edit" and
that is why the "trans-edit" tiddler tries to include itself into itself
and the result is: "Recursive transclusion error in transclude widget",
which I see in the view-window of "trans-edit"?

Is it alright to see this error or could it be somehow avoided?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/977556da-14d1-4680-b1b0-3aecd5a99980%40googlegroups.com.