I perceive the results-as-you-type thing as more of a toy -- not a
usability development. Not just TW, but anywhere it's used. It may make
sense when it's attached to  a powerful back-end server database, but not
so much when you have a local, non-indexed data source. In the case of TW,
it interferes with usability particularly on small devices. Re-rendering
with each keystroke is another related problem that affects all TW's
performance. I can only assume most users are not touch typists, have very
powerful machines, have small TW's, or are using screen keyboards.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4313087a-977d-4dd9-866c-2f7361794874%40googlegroups.com.