Mark,

Just to clarify, the "idea of [your] own and FrD's suggestion" just did not
work?

I was relay smart because I decided to use a subtiddler such as
task/template to indicate it was a template tiddler so task no longer held
the removeme field and would not be cloned. This is a good idea but
somewhere I decided this was a useful tip for creating templates for
subTiddlers, and I returned it the above method only to be reminded it does
not work again.

I am using the following to clone tiddlers I am using as templates;

<$button message="tm-new-tiddler" param=<<currentTiddler>> tooltip="Clone
this 'template'" aria-label="Clone this 'template'" class=<
<tv-config-toolbar-class>> >
<$action-setfield $field=template-source $value=<<currentTiddler>>/>
{{$:/PSaT/newTiddler/icon.svg}}
</$button>

So to restate the problem

*This works nicely except I have to remove a field from the new Tiddler eg
removeme*
*<$action-deletefield $field=removeme/>*

*Unfortunately if I use this in the above tiddler it removes the field from
the source tiddler before the cloning.*

As Mark suggested I may need resort to the ActionCreateTiddler so a Final
call to see if anyone knows a workaround or has build a clone tool using
ActionCreateTiddler?

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4c2973ec-7849-4802-87b3-cb3afb89e9d8%40googlegroups.com.