Hi Marc

> I could use NW.js but then I'd have to build my own UI. My thinking is:
> could/should I use TW5 Desktop?

If you wish to build a native app based on TiddlyWiki then TiddlyDesktop might
be a reasonable place to start. Alternately, you could consider just adding the
enhancements you need as TiddlyDesktop plugins - it’s very extensible, like
TiddlyWiki itself.

> Can TW be leveraged as an application platform which is not necessarily a
> wiki (i.e. info platform).

It’ll still be a wiki, at least in the sense that TW uses the term (roughly, an
application for composing hypertext). But it doesn’t need to look like a wiki
to the end user; by replacing $:/core/ui/PageTemplate one can have an entirely
custom user interface.

> I think TiddlyWiki would be a great platform for a rich/hypertext version of
> the Powershell Help System/Reference. But I want to add on top of that and
> have, in addition to the cmdlet reference, a kind of builder UI. So I can
> search or navigate to a cmdlet, read it's syntax, see some examples AND run
> those examples AND build my own execution of that cmdlet.
>
> Ideally the UI will allow a preview of the output objects of cmdlets (using
> the `ConvertTo-JSON` cmdlet) as tables or trees and piping these outputs to
> other cmdlets. Even more betterer would be a kind of flowchart drag and drop
> like snaplogic but that's a way down the line.
>
> So, in addition to the questions above, can plugins within TW Desktop work
> like standard node modules and require modules like `node-powershell` and
> just execute OS commands?

Yes, TiddlyDesktop plugins have access to Node.js APIs.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywikidev/BBDA239A-7FF0-4470-B8F6-D36DE43CFE34%40gmail.com.